PrecisionTx™ is ideal for treating patients who, despite a healthy diet and lifestyle, are showing the signs of aging around the face and neck. PrecisionTx™ gets to the core of the problem by targeting the cause beneath the skin such as fat under the chin or lax skin around the neck and face. First, it delivers laser energy below the dermis, to target areas of fat that diet and exercise can’t seem to touch. The laser energy is then directed upward toward the dermis to produce thicker skin and increased elasticity which can result in a smoother and more youthful appearance.
PrecisionTx offers a new approach to the way physicians think about lower face and neck revitalization. By utilizing this technology, and working with a skilled and qualified physician, patients are now able to achieve lasting results they never thought possible – all from one simple treatment that can be done in the office and under one hour. Patients usually see improvements within a few weeks, with the most dramatic improvements continuing to show for a few months following the procedure.
How does Precision Tx™ work?
The PrecisionTx™ treatment is performed by using a very small cannula (or tube about the size of the tip of a pen) inserted under the skin. A unique SideLaze800™ laser fiber inside the tube delivers energy directly under the skin. The precise SideLaze800 laser energy increases the depth and quality of your skin, while simultaneously disrupting selected areas of face under the chin and neck.
Learn more by reading Precision TX – Pretreatment Instructions.
How many treatments are required to achieve the desired results?
Only one PrecisionTx™ treatment is necessary to achieve the desired results. You’ll see some immediate results, but results won’t be final until at least three months. Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but one procedure will provide excellent results.
How long does the procedure take?
On average, the procedure will take one hour, depending on the size of the areas to be treated.
Who can benefit from this treatment?
The best candidates for PrecisionTx™ are women and men who are not significantly overweight but have common signs of aging around the lower face and neck.
Are there any side effects?
There is little discomfort associated with the PrecisionTx™ treatment, since patients are treated with a local anesthetic to numb the areas that will be treated. Patients may feel slight pressure or a warming sensation in and around the areas to be treated, but these are mild sensations. Patients are able to talk with the doctor during the procedure because they are awake and not sedated.
PrecisionTx™ is a minimally invasive surgical procedure, therefore after the treatment there will be some swelling and a little soreness. However because PrecisionTx™ is a minimally invasive laser procedure, incision sites are very small and there is little bleeding during the procedure. Most patients are able to return to their normal activities in a day or two.
Is there anything special I should do after treatment?
Even minimally invasive procedures like Precision Tx™ there are Post treatment Instructions:
- Bed rest is helpful after the procedure.
- If medication is prescribed, take the medications as indicated
- There should be minimal discomfort. Discomfort may be relieved by ice packs or acetaminophen.
- There may be drainage from your incisions. This is normal and may last several days. You may place gauze sponges inside your compression garment to absorb any drainage.
- If a compression garment is recommended, keep absorbent dressing or garment on for 24 hours, and then remove. Continue wearing the garment for per physician orders.
- Do not engage in vigorous exercise or sports for at least 2 weeks or until approved by your physician.
- Do not use deodorant or powder in the treated area for 5-7 days.
- Do not shave in the treated area for 5-7 days or until tenderness is gone.
- Apply antibiotic ointment or Scarguard® treatment to the incision twice daily using a cotton swab.
Make a consultation appointment today
If you have tried dieting and exercise but still need a little help achieving your desired look, then PrecisionTx™ might be the answer you are looking for. Schedule a consult with Dr. Mary Pritikin at our downtown Chicago office today.