Hollow or Sunken Eyes
How It Works
The following is used to eliminate the appearance of hollow eyes or dark circles:
Restylane® is a non-animal-based hyaluronic acid filler that is injected under the surface of the skin to restore the natural contours of your face and fill hollow or sunken eyes
Restylane® Lyft is an injectable hyaluronic acid gel that is used to correct volume loss in the cheek area for a smooth transition after the under eye correction
BBL™ (Broad Band Light) broadband light technology utilizes the power of pulsed light to remove brown or red spots under the eye that contribute to under eye darkness
ClearScan YAG™ is a laser that is used to treat small facial veins under the eye
Restylane® is a clear gel formulation of non-animal based hyaluronic acid that is specifically formulated to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid.
Benefits of Restylane®
- No skin test is required prior to injection
- Composed of stabilized hyaluronic acid which is a natural component of our tissue
- Instant results
- Long lasting (over 6 months)
Who Can Receive Restylane®
The Restylane family of products should not be used by people who:
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, or under 18 years for nasolabial folds and under 22 years for lips (Restylane® and Restylane® Silk only).
- Have recently used drugs that thin the blood or prevent clotting
- Have had previous bad allergies, particularly to microorganisms known as gram-positive bacteria
- Have serious allergies to drugs that have previously required in-hospital treatment
- Have bleeding disorders
- Have a known allergy to lidocaine, if using Restylane, Restylane Silk or Restylane Lyft
What to Expect
Restylane® treatment takes between 30-45 minutes and the amount of discomfort depends on the sensitivity of the patient’s skin. The product is injected just below the surface of the skin with a very fine needle. The body will eventually absorb the product, so ongoing treatments are necessary to maintain results. If treatment is discontinued, your face will gradually return to its natural contours.
Injection-related reactions may occur such as post treatment swelling, redness, pain, itchiness, discoloration, and tenderness at the implant site. These reactions will resolve spontaneously within several days. Patients should avoid aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g. Advil) prior to treatment as they will increase the risk of bruising at the injection site.
Restylane® Side Effects and Risks
After your treatment, you may experience side effects, such as swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache and itching at injection site and tenderness. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 7 days. Patients should be limited to 6.0 mL per treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.